Plaque on the tongue is a problem worth fighting
We need our language not only to speak. It also helps to recognize the taste of food. But few people know that by the appearance of this body one can judge the state of human health. For example, a raid can talk about some pretty serious problems.
Where does the raid come from and is it normal?
The tongue is an organ that is covered with a variety of papillae of varying lengths and shapes. Between them food can get stuck. And these most stuck microscopic particles of food are an excellent medium for the vital activity and reproduction of bacteria. And bacteria, in turn, produce some processed products (like all of us). And these same products, in fact, and is a raid.
Now about whether this is normal. In general, the normal language should be clean and pink. For example, in a child who does not eat solid food yet, it is quite possible to see it. But adults can hardly boast of a clean language.It is believed that a minor sutra raid is a variant of the norm. But only sutra, and only minor. Uniform pink color indicates good health and personal hygiene and oral care.
Surprisingly, the attack depends even on the time of year. For example, in winter it may become yellowish, in summer it is more dense, but in the fall it becomes almost imperceptible.
How does it happen?
Surprisingly, the raid is different. Here are a few criteria by which it can be described and assessed:
- The thickness is different. The thin coating is barely noticeable, but under thick it will be even difficult to see the normal color of the tongue. A large thickness indicates an impressive number of bacteria.
- Color can vary from white to yellowish. But in some cases it may be greenish, gray or even black. The darker the plaque, the more serious the problem.
- Is it easy to separate? The usual morning scurf is brushed off with a toothbrush, but the pathological one is practically eaten into the tongue.
- Consistency. So, the contents can be liquid, curdled, hard or even fatty.
- Localization. Is the whole tongue covered or just a part? Normally, a weak plaque can cover the root of the tongue, since this part is difficult to access and cannot be cleaned in some cases.
What does it come from?
Why does white scurf appear on the tongue? The reasons can be very diverse:
- Fungal diseases. So, if there is a white curdled scurf, then, probably, this is a common thrush of the oral cavity (candidiasis). Such a disease may well develop in infants if it is infected by mother during childbirth.
- Stomatitis can also be the cause of white bloom. In this case, it will be accompanied by the formation of sores in the mouth and an increase in temperature.
- Improper or inadequate oral hygiene. Many people do not know that the tongue must also be cleaned with a toothbrush when brushing your teeth, because there the remains of food and bacteria also accumulate. If this is not done, then pathogens will begin to multiply. There will be bad breath, plaque. Then getting rid of the problem will be much more difficult.
- Smoking can also lead to this problem. The fact is that part of the tar, smoke and nicotine settles in the oral cavity, namely in the tongue. Because of this, a yellowish or even brown (in heavy smokers) scurf is formed.
- With constant or excessive use of tea or coffee,as well as other coloring drinks (soda with dyes, some juices), the tongue can also change color and acquire a shade of used liquid. The same can be said about some foods.
- Excess in the body of bile, too, can lead to the appearance of a plaque. Its color can range from yellowish to greenish and even gray. On consistency, it will be slippery. This can happen in case of problems in the gall bladder.
- A large accumulation of slag can also cause this delicate problem. For example, with frequent or chronic constipation, part of the digested food remains in the body, decays, intoxication, leads to the deposition of slags. All this can literally "come out" outside.
- With some diseases of the throat, plaque can also occur, since bacteria accumulating on the tonsils can spread to the root of the tongue. This is the case with angina, tonsillitis, with ARVI or influenza.
- Sometimes plaque indicates problems in the work of the respiratory system.
- The reason for the formation of plaque may be taking some drugs, such as antibiotics, steroid drugs or immunosuppressants (drugs that suppress the immune system).
- If the content has an unusual hue, then it can speak of a serious illness, for example, about typhus, cholera or dysentery.
- White or greyish dry plaque can be a consequence of dehydration, which is accompanied by an increase in temperature.
- This can occur in liver diseases (the color is more often yellowish).
- Often such a symptom indicates a disruption in the digestive system. For example, this symptom may occur with enterocolitis, gastritis, enterocolitis and other diseases of the digestive system.
What to do?
Why does a raid occur? To establish the cause must be a doctor. He will schedule a survey and identify the problem. But something can be done independently. So, how to remove the raid?
First of all, it is necessary to pay maximum attention to oral hygiene. When brushing your teeth, be sure to remember the language. Scrape the scurf away from the root of the tongue to its tip. Capture the entire area of the body, start from the very foundation (do not overdo it, it can provoke a gag reflex).
In addition, it is useful to use special mouthwash several times a day (especially after meals), which include antibacterial and anti-inflammatory components.
In the case of diseases of internal organs treatment is required. For example, for some problems with digestion, diets are effective (a gastroenterologist will tell you about them).
Watch your digestion! Eat more foods rich in fiber and coarse dietary fiber: fruits and vegetables, bran, cereals, and so on. Also, be sure to eat fermented milk products, such as kefir or yogurt. They also have a beneficial effect on digestion.
You can try to fight the problem with folk remedies. Decoctions of herbs with anti-inflammatory effects, such as chamomile or a string, will help. Take 1 tablespoon of dry herbs, pour a glass of boiling water, leave for an hour or one and a half. Strain the composition and rinse it several times a day. And you can also dilute a teaspoon of soda in a glass by adding a few drops of hydrogen peroxide. It is necessary to do regular rinsing of the mouth.
To avoid this problem, follow the oral hygiene and regularly clean the tongue. Responsible to your health, if necessary, consult a doctor.Let your tongue be clean and beautiful! Health to you and your loved ones!