Ovulation test, how to use?
When a man and a woman consciously approach to family planning, they necessarily calculate the right moment for conception. The man falls upon a multitude of vaguely familiar abbreviations and names. Let's remember the biology course. Ovulation occurs when an egg cell ready for fertilization comes out of the follicle. This happens once a month. In order for fertilization to occur, intimacy must occur no later than 36 hours after ovulation.
The most favorable period to get pregnant
The probability of becoming pregnant with each woman is only a few days during the menstrual cycle. These days fall on the period of ovulation. If you are planning a pregnancy, then you should live an intimate life just these days. In order not to be mistaken in the calculations, each girl must keep her own calendar of the menstrual cycle.
Luteinizing hormone is the hormone that is produced by the brain and stimulates ovulation.Its level increases in the composition of urine, approximately 36 hours before the onset of ovulation. In order to measure this level, scientists have created a special test for ovulation. How to use such a novelty, the pharmacist will explain to you or just read the instructions. With the help of such a test, you will know exactly when it is optimal to plan conception.
We start testing
Every woman should decide for herself when doing an ovulation test. The main thing is to realize all the responsibility that falls on you from this moment. If the decision is made consciously, then following a few rules, you can handle everything.
- Before you do an ovulation test, determine the length of your monthly menstrual cycle. The beginning of the cycle is the day the menstruation begins. And it ends when the next menstruation should begin.
- You can enter data in the table
|Cycle length||Ovulation start day||Cycle length||Ovulation start day|
With the help of the table and the example given in our article, you can find out when to do an ovulation test.
For example, if the duration of your menstrual cycle is twenty-eight days, then you need to do an ovulation test from the eleventh day after the start of menstruation.Thus, if your last cycle began on April 5th, start testing eleven days after April 5th.
Several important aspects
Once during the period of the menstrual cycle, due to an increase in luteinizing hormone, the process of releasing a mature egg from the ovaries, leading to the uterus, fallopian tubes occurs. In order for an egg to develop into an embryo, conception must occur no later than thirty six hours after the onset of ovulation. Using an ovulation test, determine the level of the hormone LH in the urine. In the case when the level is high, you can wait for ovulation for thirty-six hours. In order for the probability of pregnancy to be higher, intimate relationships need to be had within thirty-six hours, from the moment when ovulation was determined.
- In order to determine the level of hormone LH in the urine, you need to drop a few drops of urine on the tip of the test, or immerse it in a container with urine for a few seconds. After five minutes, the result will be visible in a special window, on the test strip.
- Ovulation tests are a very reliable way to determine days favorable for conception. They indicate the presence of the hormone LH
- The package contains five identical cassettes for determining ovulation. This was created so that the woman could double-check the test results for several days.
- After you have determined that the level of the hormone LH is increased, then sexual intercourse should occur no later than thirty-six hours after the onset of ovulation.
- Such tests are very useful for all women who are planning a pregnancy. But there are several factors that also affect the ability of conception. These are smoking, drinking, stress and age.
- Keep in mind that if the test for ovulation does not show an increased level of the hormone, it does not protect you from unwanted pregnancy. You can get pregnant a few days before, and a few days after ovulation.
- If you are not sure about the correctness of the test, then pay attention to the test strip. If a red line appeared in the test window, then everything is done correctly.
- Consider, if you are taking contraceptives or any other medications, be sure to consult your doctor before taking an ovulation test.
- It is best to use medium urine for testing. And take the test at the same time.
- It is also important that if a woman took contraceptives, the result may be erroneous. It is worth waiting a few months before planning a pregnancy.
- If a woman takes a lot of fluids, this can also affect the result.