How to salt tomatoes for the winter - 5 step-by-step recipes
Vegetable preservation is sold everywhere, but many housewives still prefer to salt tomatoes for themselves on winter. It is no wonder, after all home preparation is much more tasty, prepared from fresh vegetables and does not demand the big financial expenses.
If you do not have the cooking recipes, read the article. She will teach you how to salt tomatoes in different ways and in different dishes.
Caloric content of salted tomatoes
Caloric content does not exceed the mark of 15 kcal per 100 grams. So the snack is ideal for dietary meals.
The benefits of salted tomatoes are determined by the rich composition. They contain a lot of vitamins, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium. To make salted tomatoes better keep all this good, they are recommended to be harvested for the winter in a general way, like eggplants.
In tomatoes contains and lycopene. This substance, being a powerful antioxidant, helps in the fight against many diseases. With the regular use of salted tomatoes, the likelihood of heart disease is significantly reduced.
Salted tomatoes have an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect on the body. And remember, the greatest benefit to the body is brought by vegetables, with salting which did not use vinegar, whose influence on the digestive system is not beneficial.
Classic recipe for pickling for the winter
The popularity of the classical technology of preparation of salted tomatoes is continuously growing. The secret is that it helps to prepare a quality product, a gourmet find.
- Tomatoes - 2 kg.
- Vinegar - 1 tablespoon.
- Salt - 2 tablespoons.
- Sugar - 4 tablespoons.
- Currant, cherry and horseradish leaves.
- Celery, dill, parsley.
- Peppercorns, garlic.
How to cook:
- Tomatoes, leaves and greens rinse with water and dry, then fold into prepared cans. At the bottom, put some of the leaves, greens and garlic, on top of the tomatoes, then again a layer of greens.
- Pour the contents of the cans with boiling water and leave for 5 minutes. Then gently drain the liquid into a saucepan, add salt and sugar, boil. With the resulting brine, pour the tomatoes, add a little vinegar to each container and roll it.
- Seam the wrap and leave it in an inverted form under the blanket until it cools down. After that, move the workpiece in the cold wait for further fate.
Important!Experienced cooks are recommended to make a toothpick in the area of the peduncle in each tomato before sending to the jar. This simple technique prevents the appearance of cracks on the surface under the influence of hot water.
How to cook salted tomatoes in a jar
Now consider the simplest way to prepare salted tomatoes. It is simple, fast and does not require large financial and physical expenses. The taste of a ready-made snack is simply delicious.
- Tomatoes - 1.5 kg.
- Dill - 1 bunch.
- Chile - 1 pc.
- Currant leaves - 2 pcs.
- Salt - 3 tablespoons.
- Water - 2 liters.
- Celery and parsley.
- Boil a liter of water, add salt and mix. Combine the resulting composition with the remaining cold water. After an hour, strain the brine.
- At the bottom of the prepared cans put the greens, top put the washed tomatoes without the peduncles, making layers of seasonings. Operate carefully so that the fruits do not become wrinkled.
- Pour the tomatoes with brine, cover with capron lids and leave in the room for 2 weeks. Then, with salted vegetables, remove the foam and mold, add fresh brine, roll up the jars and send them to the cold.
It's easier not to find a recipe. A ready-made snack is stored for a long time and will always make up a mashed potato or fried potatoes.
How to salt green tomatoes
At the end of the vegetable season, many housewives in the garden remain unripened tomatoes. The question arises, what should we do with such a crop? The solution is - salting. Green tomatoes in a salty form have a piquant taste and are considered a good alternative to salted cucumbers. And paired with salted beets and peppers will be an excellent vegetable assortment.
- Green tomatoes - 1 kg.
- Currant leaves - 7 pcs.
- Dill - 2 umbrellas.
- Garlic - 3 slices.
- Horseradish leaves - 3 pcs.
- Hot pepper - 1 pc.
- Salt - 2 tablespoons.
- Water - 1 liter.
- For each vegetable, remove the stalk, rinse with water.
- At the bottom of a two-liter jar make a pillow of greenery, top with tomatoes. Cover the remaining herbs, add garlic cloves and hot pepper without seeds.
- Pour water in a large bowl, season with salt and wait until a uniform thin layer forms on the bottom. After two minutes, pour the water into a jar of tomatoes. Close the jar with a polyethylene lid, previously scalded with boiling water.
For storing salted green tomatoes at home, the best place is a refrigerator, a cellar or a cool pantry. A month after corking, the snack is ready for tasting.
How to pickle tomatoes in a barrel
The recipe for salted tomatoes in the barrel is suitable for the housewives, who have a large family. It allows you to prepare a lot of delicious vegetables at one time. The main thing is to have a suitable place for storage.
- Tomatoes - 20 kg.
- Salt - 900 g.
- Garlic - 10 denticles.
- Horseradish leaves - 10 pcs.
- Hot pepper - 1 pc.
- Cherry and currant leaves - 15 pcs.
- Seeds of dill - 50 g.
- Water - 15 liters.
- Prepare the ingredients. Tomatoes peel from the pedicels, rinse with water, rinse the greens, peel the garlic.
- Cover the bottom of the barrel with herbs, add the seeds of dill and a few cloves of garlic. Top with a layer of tomatoes. Repeat the layers until the barrel is full.The main thing is that up to the top there were a few centimeters. On top of the vegetables, put a sheet of horseradish torn in large pieces.
- Make a brine by mixing the salt with water. The resulting composition of pour tomatoes, cover with a piece of clean gauze, put on top a circle and cargo. After two decades, the snack is ready.
The method of harvesting tomatoes for a winter in a barrel is used in many countries since ancient times. And every year its popularity increases, because the finished product is perfect in terms of taste and aroma.
Marinated tomatoes for the winter - the best recipe
Mistresses in different ways pickle tomatoes, and in each individual case the prepared dish is different in taste, sweetness and degree of severity. I like the recipe based on honey brine. Cooked in this way, pickled tomatoes are incredibly tasty and preserve the maximum of useful substances.
- Tomatoes - 2 kg.
- Water - 3 liters.
- Garlic - 2 heads.
- Honey - 180 g.
- Vinegar - 60 ml.
- Salt - 60 g.
- Currant and horseradish leaves, dill.
- Rinse the tomatoes with water, cut the area of the peduncle, punch one clove of garlic into the resulting hole.
- Spices and herbs are covered with boiling water and put in prepared jars. Fill the tanks with prepared tomatoes and cover with covers.
- Pour water into the pan, add salt, vinegar and honey, boil. Add brine with a hot brine. After 15 minutes, drain the brine and repeat the procedure. After the third approach, roll up the jars and wrap them until it cools.
Banks with pickled tomatoes store in the cold. The honey snack will reach its readiness and reveal its taste qualities in a week.
Ways of pickling vegetables are almost identical except for some nuances. I will share a few secrets that will help in the preparation of perfect salted tomatoes.
- For salting use "cream". Such tomatoes are characterized by dense skin and a fleshy structure. In addition, they do not undergo deformation during salting.
- For pickling cucumbers is suitable for any dishes. In the case of tomatoes, I do not recommend using drums or other large containers, otherwise the product will collapse under its own weight. The best solution is a glass container with a volume of 3-5 liters.
- The tomatoes have a pronounced flavor and aroma, so it is not necessary to put a lot of greens and spices. Tomatoes are best combined with dill, garlic, red pepper, parsley, celery, horseradish and currant leaves.
- Tomatoes are rich in solanine. This substance slows down the fermentation process, so at 20 degrees snack is ready not earlier than in 2 weeks.
Features of salting in a bucket and in a pan
In the pan, the salted tomatoes are not worse than in the barrel. The number of vegetables is determined by the capacity of the container. At the bottom of the spice and other additives, then tomatoes. In the process of laying it is recommended to shake the pan for compaction. Lastly, vegetables are covered with gauze, put a circle and load. A month later the snack is ready.
The technology of pickling with a bucket is no different, except that tomatoes of varying degrees of maturity are suitable for pickling. Put green tomatoes on the bottom, then brown and lastly ripe.
In conclusion, I add that there are many ways of pickling for the winter. Some provide for the use of hot or sweet pepper, other currant or cherry leaves, and thirdly mustard or sugar. I reviewed the most popular recipes, and you write in the comments, which recipe liked more.