How to remove the washing machine drum?
Watch the video
In order to repair the washing machine or clean the tank from foreign objects, it is necessary to remove the drum. This requires careful removal of parts to prevent damage to other parts of the equipment.
How to safely remove the washing machine drum
- To begin with, it is necessary to remove a part called a pulley from the drum shaft: unscrew the bolt on which the part is attached. To prevent the pulley from moving with the shaft, first secure the part with a piece of wooden beam.
- If you fail to unscrew the fastener, it will need to be heated with a gas torch or a soldering iron. The bolt is very tightly tightened so that it does not unscrew while the machine is running.
- After you unscrew the bolt, pull the pulley towards you, swaying it in different directions.
- Use a wooden block to drive the shaft out of the bearings. Embossing is necessary until the drum rests on the tank.
- Before removing the drum, it is necessary to disassemble the washing machine tank: remove the bolts and fasteners.
- After you disassemble the tank, you can remove the drum itself.
- When removing the drum from the washing machine with a disposable tank, it is necessary to open the structure with a hacksaw. But after eliminating the problem, you will need to buy a new tank and then install it.
On the intricacies of disassembling a washing machine, read our article How to disassemble a car.
You will find tips on caring for your washing machine in the article How to clean the drum of a washing machine from mold. Here the author will tell about the external and internal cleaning, as well as tell about cleaning the filter and the drum from scale and mold.
Service repair washing machine
Separately, I would like to note that if you find a serious breakdown in the washing machine, then the surest decision would be to have it repaired. Preference should be given not to small firms engaged in the repair of household appliances, but to an official service center.
- To diagnose and solve the problem, you must take the equipment to a service center and then contact the company that is engaged in transportation;
- It is required to submit an application on the spot, in which it is necessary to reflect the model of the car, year of production and signs of breakage;
- The center employee is obliged to inform you about the time and amount of repairs;
- When it comes time to take the equipment, make sure that all breakdowns are repaired and the machine is in working condition.