How to overclock the processor via BIOS?
Much of the work of our personal computer depends on the CPU. It's no secret that you can maximize the performance of all devices on your computer This also applies to the central processor. Let's find out how to overclock the CPU using BIOS in an affordable way.
How to overclock a processor through BIOS - a way
The first thing you need to do in order to overclock the processor through the BIOS ended successfully - is to get into the BIOS. Once you are in BIOS, you can begin the manipulation. Remember that an inexperienced user can spoil the computer when trying to change the processor. Therefore, if you are not confident in your abilities, then it is better to use special programs designed to improve the efficiency of the CPU. As examples of such programs, we can recall the utilities ClockGen and EasyTune5.
Well, here's what you need to do in order to overclock the processor through BIOS:
- Let's try to overclock the processor by increasing the frequency of the bus. To do this, we need to make sure that the memory of the computer does not get in the way of productivity growth.
- Find in the BIOS the parameter that is responsible for the frequency of the memory and set it to the very minimum. It is also necessary to raise the values of memory timings - this is necessary for the stable operation of the system. Save the changes in BIOS and restart the computer. With this, you can overclock the processor through the BIOS.
- Lower the frequency of the HyperTransport bus to 400 or 600 MHz.
- Now you can proceed to the immediate overclocking of the processor. Find the parameter that controls the FSB frequency.
- It is necessary to change this parameter upwards. Unfortunately, none of the programmers will give you the exact value of increasing the frequency, since much depends on your computer. Features of the cooling system, the type and type of motherboard, the configuration of the chipset - all this affects how much you can increase the frequency of FSB. Try to start small. Increase the frequency by no more than 10 Hz. Check the stability of the processor by loading Windows. The main thing is to prevent the CPU temperature from rising, since a large warm-up can lead to a complete computer breakdown. Do not allow the processor to heat up above 60 degrees.The colder the processor, the better it is for its stable operation. Here's how to overclock the processor via BIOS.
We hope these recommendations helped you. It is necessary to recognize that the instructions in this article are superficial in nature and are designed for people who are well oriented in BIOS. That is why we offer you a link to the article, which fully describes the process of overclocking the system. Here is the link: .