How to develop memory?
Watch the video
Most people realize the important role memory plays in our lives. Indeed, the development of memory has a positive effect on the processes of thinking, imagination, attention. And without this effective mental activity can not be achieved. Psychologists have proven that the connection of memory with the intellect really exists, and it is possible to develop the intellect through the development of memory. Actual topic in our time, how to develop a memory in a child, how to develop memory in adults, deserves special attention.
How to quickly develop memory
There are a number of conditions, observing which, you will be able to more effectively develop memory in yourself or your children. First of all, take care of a well-ventilated room. Mentally working in a stuffy or smoky room is strictly prohibited, as a sufficient amount of oxygen in the blood is necessary for normal brain function.
In addition, the body needs to sleep for a sufficient amount of time. An adult will be 7-8 hours a day, a teenager will need a little more - 9 hours.Without getting enough sleep, the brain will work worse.
If you touch the issue of smoking, then, of course, a smoker who develops memory will have more success than a person who is not dependent on tobacco and does not work on memory. But the work on memory in a smoker’s person will be slower than in a non-smoker. Drinking alcohol also makes memorization worse, reduces brain performance.
How to develop memory with exercise
- The first exercise is to describe exactly what your yesterday was doing by the minute. If you have a certain "failure" in the memory, do something else, and after half an hour try to remember again.
- Take any item, carefully examine it for 30 seconds, then close your eyes and try to reproduce it as accurately as possible. If some details are not clearly remembered, look at the subject again, then close your eyes, and so on until the item is completely reproduced.
- If you are driving, then standing in a traffic jam on the road, use the time properly, try to remember the cars in front of you by turning on the associative memory. For example, in front of you is a car with the letters in the number "PA".Come up with a short phrase with them, such as "pirates are attacking," and you will more easily memorize this combination of letters. This will allow you to record such signs even in extreme situations.
- Give yourself a mental task to make up a short story about a childhood friend. Try to remember everything that you can about him: general appearance, hairstyle, gait, face with characteristic grimaces, special phrases, clothes. Do the same with school teachers and classmates. And you will be amazed at how good your facial memory is.
How to develop a memory in a child
- A great exercise in the development of a child’s auditory memory is a word pair game. Exercise can be performed starting from preschool age. So, write down on your sheet 10 pairs of words connected by meaning, for example, a chair - a table, a cat - a dog, a fork - a plate. Now you should read these words baby 3 times. Be sure to select the word pairs using intonation, do not rush. After a short period of time, call the child the first words of the pair, while he should follow his every word to repeat his pair. Thus, a short-term memory is trained, and for long-term development - perform the same exercise after half an hour.
- How to develop a child's tactile memory? Tie the baby's eyes, put different objects in his hands. Then ask him to name the items in the order in which he touched them. In this case, recognition and memorization work.
- We also recommend developing children's visual memory. For exercise you need to glue 2 towers out of the boxes. In one tower there will be a 3 box, and in the other - 4. First, put a button in one of the boxes, and the child’s task is to name which tower and which department the button is in. Then you can use 2 buttons in different towers. You can begin to perform the exercise a child from 3 years.
To develop memory and attention, it is good to work with pictures "find the differences." Concentrate on the details, walking down the street, try as quickly as possible to find things on a certain basis, for example, windows with blue curtains.