How to cure toenails?
Treatment of fungal diseases of toenails is a rather difficult problem. You can cope with it only with the help of special medicines.
Below we will talk in more detail about what means and methods can cure toenails.
What is nail fungus?
Before proceeding to the treatment of nails, you need to find out what exactly caused the development of a fungal infection. Onychomycosis (in other words, nail fungus) is a disease that entails the development of fungal infections. Dermatophyte fungi are the main cause of this disease. Consider the classification of onychomycosis.
- Normotrophic - nail color changes, stripes and spots appear.
- Hypertrophic - the color of the nail changes, its luster is lost, the shape thickens and changes. The nail itself at the edges may collapse.
- Atrophic - rejection of the affected part of the nail from the nail base.
Places of infection with fungus
A person can become infected with a fungus in a bath, a pool, in public places, in a gym.In the locker rooms, where people change clothes, go barefoot and use common sports items, the likelihood of onychomycosis increases. When the disease progresses, the nail begins to gradually deteriorate, break. The leathery cushion (cuticle) that surrounds the nail plate also disappears. Pus may be released from a wound.
How to cure toenails: antifungal agents
Consider drugs that are used to treat fungal infections.
- Canison The tool is used against dermatophytes, moldy fungi, blastomycetes, actinomycetes, dimorphic fungi.
- Exoderil. Antifungal drug. It consists of the active component naftifine. Exoderil inhibits ergosterol biosynthesis in fungal cells.
- Microspore The tool effectively fights against all types of fungi, fungal diseases (trichophytia, microsporia, athlete), corynebacteria. Microspore penetrates well into the nail structure and contributes to its strengthening.
These antifungal agents have a positive effect on the general condition of the nail affected by the fungus.
Use of antimycotics
Antimycotics are used to treat antifungal diseases: these are drugs that prevent the development of the fungus. The most popular of them are:
- Lamisil Antifungal agent used to treat fungal diseases of the skin, hair and nails. Due to the special substances that are part of this tool, the cells of the fungus die in a rather short period of time.
- Orungal. Antifungal drug that affects yeast, yeast, mold fungi, as well as dermatophyte fungi.
- Diflucan. This tool inhibits the synthesis of sterols in the cell of the fungus. Effectively fights yeast, yeast-like, mold fungi. The drug quickly penetrates into the tissues of the body and is well excreted by the kidneys.
- Nizoral An antifungal drug that effectively fights yeast, dimorphic fungi, as well as dermatophytes and eumycetes (higher fungi).
To fully get rid of fungal diseases, it is necessary to combine the use of antifungal agents (antimycotics) and ointments.
You can read more about nail treatment in the article How to cure nails.
For the treatment of fungal diseases, special solutions are used. To prepare the solution you will need:
- 2 tsp. alcohol;
- 2.ch.l. acetic essence;
- 1 tsp glycerol.
This solution must be lubricated sore nail on the leg every day. The number of procedures is 20-30. As a result, the entire nail or the part of the nail affected by the fungus can fall off. It depends on the degree of infection of the nail with the fungus and timely treatment. In case of contact with the skin, lubricate it with fat.
Observance of precautionary measures
- Do not use someone else's towels, shoes, and nail care tools.
- When visiting public places, protect your feet with special antifungal agents (ointments, varnishes).
- Wash your feet thoroughly with salt and soap, and wear comfortable shoes.