You can prepare a suckling pig for any celebration or friendly gatherings. This dish will appeal to every guest. But it is important to use a proven recipe that will fully reveal the secrets of how to cook a whole pig in the oven delicious. It is presented to your attention below.
To prepare this dish you will need the following products:
- suckling pig - 1 pc .;
- minced pork - 500 g;
- minced beef - 500 g;
- onion - 1 pc .;
- cilantro - 1 bundle;
- olive oil - 100 ml;
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- mustard - 5 tbsp. spoons;
- butter - 90 g;
- salt and pepper to taste.
Please note that to use for cooking this dish you need a pig not older than 2 months. After all, then the meat will be juicy, and its crust is very crispy and tasty.
How to cook a pig?
Before cooking a pig in the oven, you need to make a filling for it, only then you can proceed to further actions. To not miss anything follow the step by step instructions:
- Take onion, peel, rinse with water and chop finely.Heat the pan with vegetable oil. Put the onion in it and fry it for several minutes. Then add beef and minced pork. Mix everything thoroughly and soak over medium heat. At this time, cut the cilantro, and then add it to the pan. Fry all the ingredients until half ready, and then remove from heat. Be sure to cool them. You can not use ready-made stuffing for stuffing a piglet hot. Otherwise, to sew his belly quality you can not.
- Take care of the preparation of the pigs carcass. Remove the hairs on her ears and between the legs. This can be done with an open flame. You can also use a special kitchen tweezers. Then thoroughly wash the carcass under running water. Then dry and rub well inside and out with pepper and salt. Then stuff the piglet from the inside with cooked stuffing. Then take the gypsy needle and the nylon thread. With their help, sew the belly of a pig. This must be done so that during baking, the stuffing does not fall out of the carcass.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Take a baking sheet and cover it with foil.Brush the piglet with mustard and pre-crushed garlic. Put it in the oven for 2 hours. After this time, remove the carcass and smear with melted butter using a brush. Put the roast piglet again for 15-20 minutes. Then turn off the oven and leave the dish for 10 minutes.
- Get the finished pig. Put it on the dish and decorate with greens. Serving it is best warm, be sure to cook for him some side dish - mashed potatoes, boiled rice, buckwheat. Bon Appetit.
Roasted pig, cooked according to this recipe, you will certainly enjoy. Such a dish will always occupy a special place on the festive tables.