How to preserve green peas?
Green peas contain many vitamins and valuable minerals. It is recommended to include it in your diet and eat at least once a week. Of course, in summer it is not a problem, but in winter it can be purchased frozen. But if you know how to preserve green peas, you will be able to save well. Below will be considered a few recipes.
How to preserve peas at home
Canned peas can be added to salads, various dishes and snacks. It will give them a special taste and make the dish more attractive. So, to preserve peas at home, you will need the following components:
- 2 kg of peas;
- 100 g of powdered sugar;
- 20 g of salt.
- Go through the peas, removing the unripe and spoiled fruit. Rinse the peas under running water. Heat the water in a saucepan, add salt to taste. Transfer the peas and cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip the peas on a sieve, wait until it is completely drained, and place it in the jar.Shake the can, so you can fit more fruits. The peas should not reach the top of the jar by about 1 cm.
- Pour 15 g of powdered sugar in each jar, pour boiling lightly salted water. Cover the jar with a lid, roll it up and sterilize it for 30 minutes.
- Sterilize the cans with peas after 3 days. Put on the grate in a saucepan with boiling water so that the steam just enveloped the banks.
How canned green peas in marinade
You can also preserve pickled green peas - the recipe is very simple. This will require the following ingredients:
- 3 kg of peas;
- salt, sugar, citric acid, vinegar - to taste.
- Clean the peas, rinse with hot water. Sort by removing damaged grains.
- Put in a saucepan, add water so that it covers the peas. Let the grains boil and boil them for 30 minutes at maximum heat. If some peas burst during cooking, remove them, otherwise the marinade will be cloudy.
- Pour 1 liter of water into the pan, wait for it to boil. Add salt, sugar and citric acid to taste.
- Sterilize the jars, fold the peas into a colander, pour boiling water over it and place them in the jars.
- Pour the peas in a marinade and add a little vinegar. Roll cans with lids and sterilize everything in a water bath for 45 minutes. After that, put the jar lids down and cover the blanket. After cooling the product, you can put the banks in the cellar.
As you can see, it is easy to preserve green peas, and in winter it will be easy to get a jar from the cellar and add grains to the salad. Bon Appetit!