How to bind a domain?
When a person, creating a website, buys a domain name and hosting in the same place, the binding of one to another happens automatically. If you have not purchased a domain for your site, please refer to our article How to register a domain. It will help you to register your domain name yourself, saving on the services of intermediaries.
Also, in order to save money, people purchase domains from one registrar, and they order hosting at a completely different place. In this case, they need to know how to link the domain to the hosting and site. To do this, you just need to register the host’s DNS server in the settings of your domain, and also register the name of the new domain in the control panel of the site. It sounds scary, but in fact everything is not so difficult. Read on for how to do this.
How to bind a domain to a hosting
- Visit the website of the registrar from which you purchased the domain (for example,,,,).
- Find the option "Domain Management" or "My Domains", that is, a list of your domain names will be displayed there.
- Choose the domain you want to bind.
- Click on "Manage DNS-servers".
- Enter in the DNS-1 and DNS-2 fields their addresses, which were sent to you in the letter when you registered your hosting, that is, the Secondary Name Server and the Primary Name Server.
- Click the "Edit" button.
How to bind a domain to a site
Recall that there may be several of your sites on the hosting, so the expression "link domain to hosting" is not entirely true. You need to register in the hosting settings that a specific domain is bound to a specific site.
- Go to your hosting site (for example,,,,,).
- Enter the control panel of the site by entering your username and password, which you sent in a letter when registering hosting.
- Choose the option "Domain Management" or "Domains".
- Mark the item "Add an existing domain."
- Enter your purchased domain name in the appropriate field.
- Choose one of the points: link a domain name to an already existing site or create a new site for a domain.
- Click the "Add" button.