How to activate iphone
By default, in Russia, the iPhone is often not activated, because in most cases shipments come from European countries. When buying an iPhone from one of the Big Three operators (MTS, Beeline, Megafon), activation is performed by the operators themselves. Otherwise, you will have to complete the phone activation process yourself.
-SIM card with a well-known PIN-code (for iPhone 4 - micro-SIM!);
- computer with internet access;
Activation of iPhone
- Open the box and remove the iPhone and computer connection cable.
- Download and install the latest available version of iTunes, necessary for further work with the device.
- Insert the SIM card into the device and enter (if necessary) a PIN code.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using the connecting cable and wait for iTunes to automatically launch.
- Confirm your agreement with activation of the device in the opened dialog box of the program.
- Wait until the “iPhone successfully activated” message box appears and disconnect the device from the computer.
- For more advanced users, a method developed by Sam Benger using Subscriber Artificial Mode (SAM) is proposed.
- Download and install the latest version of Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 (available for Windows and Mac OS).
- Perform jailbreak operation using the installed Redsn0w program. [yandex1]
- Log into the Cydia app store and add a new repository http://repo.bingner.com to the list of resources.
- Find and install SAM and SAMPrefs applications on your device.
- Run the program Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 and select the Deactivate option to restore the original lockdownd file necessary for the correct operation of the SAM application.
- Open the “Settings” menu on your iPhone and go to SAM.
- Select the iPhone Deactivate command.
- Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. The activation process of the phone will be performed automatically.
- Specify the desired operator in the settings of the SAM program when a warning about the wrong SIM card appears.
- Use the Ultrasn0w 1.2 program to unlock your iPhone, allowing the device to work with any mobile operator.
The jailbreak operation is recognized as absolutely legal by the US Supreme Court, but is not approved by Apple.