"Fanigan": instructions for use
The main active ingredients: paracetamol 500 mg and diclofenac sodium 50 mg.
In addition, the preparation includes the following auxiliary components:
- Croscarmelose sodium;
- Sodium propyl paraben;
- Magnesium stearate;
- Microcrystalline cellulose;
- Yellow sunset dye.
Release form and packaging
Orange-colored tablets, 4 each in a blister. Factory cardboard pack.
Non-steroidal anesthetic and anti-inflammatory drug.
Manufacturer: Kusum Helthker, India.
Fanigan is a combination drug. It consists of diclofenac and paracetamol, the combination of which is able to have an anti-inflammatory, anesthetic and antipyretic effect. Diclofenac inhibits the enzyme synthesis of prostaglandins cyclooxygenase, while not suppressing the synthesis of cartilage proteoglycans.
The anesthetic and antipyretic effect of paracetamol is justified by its effect on the hypothalamus, in particular on the center of pain and thermoregulation of the brain.
With rheumatic pains, Fanigan reduces joint pain, morning stiffness and swelling due to anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects.
In the postoperative and post-traumatic periods, he is able to anesthetize, reduce the swelling of the postoperative wound. "Fanigan" perfectly helps with pain syndrome associated with primary dysmenorrhea and headaches (including migraines).
After taking “Fanigan” inside, its main components are absorbed in the shortest possible time. In this case, the consumption of food does not affect the absorption of medicinal components. The amount of the drug in the blood plasma is directly proportional to the dose taken, and its highest concentration is found one and a half hours after ingestion.
Indications for use
Pain syndrome of different origin:
- Inflammatory and destructive forms of rheumatic pains (osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, spondyloarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, bursitis, tendovaginitis, myositis);
- Diseases of the spinal column;
- Gout attack;
- Post-traumatic period (bruises, sprains, tendons, muscles) and the period after surgery;
- Chronic migraine attacks;
- Renal colic;
- Hepatic colic;
- Gynecological diseases with pain syndrome (primary dysmenorrhea, adnexitis);
- ENT diseases - organs (otitis, tonsillitis, pharyngitis);
- Pain in the muscles and joints, which appeared after intense power loads.
Dosage and administration
The dose of the drug is calculated individually. It depends on the age, the disease and its course, the effect that Fanigan has on his patient and the tolerance of the drug. At the initial stage of treatment, adults and children over 14 years old are prescribed two to three tablets per day. In case of need for long-term intake of "Fanigan", as a rule, two pills per day are enough with a break of 12 hours. The maximum daily dose is not more than three tablets per day. Therapy usually lasts 5 to 7 days.
In most cases, Fanigan is easily tolerated by patients. At times it can cause nausea, vomiting, intestinal disorders like diarrhea or constipation, exacerbation of ulcerative colitis.Headaches, dizziness, occasionally - drowsiness, irritability, insomnia, disturbances of sensitivity, sight and taste, skin rash, urticaria, bullous rash, eczema, Stephen-Johnson syndrome, Lyell's syndrome (acute toxic epidermal necrolysis).
In some cases, "Fanigan" can lead to an increase in the value of liver enzymes in the blood plasma, and occasionally to hepatitis. Likely: tachycardia, increased blood pressure, chest pain, occurrence of bronchospasm, systemic anaphylactic reaction to the pressure drop, sometimes - vasculitis, pneumonitis, acute renal failure, proteinuria, hematuria, nephrotic syndrome, leykotsitopeniya, thrombocytopenia, hemolytic and aplastic anemia, agranulocytosis.
- Hypersensitivity reactions to the main or auxiliary components of the drug;
- Signs of allergies in history: an attack of bronchial asthma, urticaria, acute rhinitis and others, which manifested themselves against the use of diclofenac, acetylsalicylic acid, paracetamol or other substances from the group of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatoryfunds;
- Peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum;
- Diseases of the liver and kidneys in the stage of decompensation;
- The lack of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase in the body;
- Violations of blood formation of unknown etiology;
- Age up to 14 years;
- The period of pregnancy and lactation.
Use during pregnancy
The use of "Fanigan" during pregnancy and during breastfeeding is prohibited. Like other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, Fanigan is capable of leading to the early closure of the Botallova canal, the appearance of pulmonary hypertension, oliguria and low water. In addition, it increases the risk of uterine bleeding, uterine atony and peripheral edema.
"Fanigan" increases the concentration of lithium and digoxin in the serum. It eliminates the effect of diuretics, so when it is used, it is necessary to keep under control the amount of potassium in the blood while its appointment with potassium-saving diuretics. The use of Fanigan and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs at the same time increases the possibility of side effects.
With simultaneous treatment "Fanigan" and anticoagulants increases the risk of bleeding, which requires systematic monitoring of blood coagulation. "Fanigan" increases the level of methotrexate in the blood plasma and the nephrotoxic effects of cyclosporine.
In case of drug overdose, blood pressure is reduced, respiratory function is impaired, convulsive syndrome, renal failure, dysfunction of the gastrointestinal tract. In case of overdose, symptomatic therapy is indicated.
When intoxicating with Fanigan, it must be remembered that forced diuresis is ineffective and unsafe, peritoneal dialysis and hemodialysis are also ineffective. For overdose, it is prohibited to use antihistamine drugs, glucocorticosteroids and ethacrynic acid, which are able to induce the enzyme systems of cytochrome P-450 and to increase the production of hepatotoxic metabolites.
- In the case when Fanigan is prescribed to patients with pathology of the stomach and intestinal tract or a history of peptic ulcer, people with Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis, painstaking medical observation of the indicators of the body is required.
- When you receive "Fanigan" is likely to increase the activity of liver enzymes, as a result, in the case of long-term therapy shows the control of liver function. In the case when the activity of liver enzymes is increasing or there are other signs indicating liver disease, it is necessary to discontinue the drug.
- Patients with kidney disease or the cardiovascular system, age patients, people who take diuretics, as well as those who may have a decrease in BCC (for example, postoperative patients) “Fanigan” is prescribed with great care. Cancellation of the drug helps to normalize the work of the kidneys.
- "Fanigan" can suppress platelet aggregation during the period of therapy, on this basis, when it is taken, constant monitoring of the hemostatic system is required.
- Elderly and young, debilitated patients “Fanigan” should be prescribed in a small effective dose. “Fanigan”, due to the properties of the main active substances, can mask the signs of viral diseases.
- Taking the drug "Fanigan" requires increased attention when performing hazardous work and driving a vehicle.
Drug storage rates
Keep in dry, darkened space, at t up to 25 degrees Celsius. Fanigan is valid for 3 years. After the expiration date of the tablets are subject to mandatory disposal and prohibited to use.