Effective masks from calendula
Calendula is a plant known for its healing properties. It is widely used in cosmetology, for example, in the form of masks. Find out which ones are the most effective.
What is useful?
Calendula is useful for the skin for several reasons:
- This plant has anti-inflammatory properties, allowing to eliminate redness, irritation and various rashes. In addition, calendula-based products can be used for various dermatological diseases.
- It is a powerful natural antiseptic that inhibits the activity of pathogenic microorganisms and prevents skin infections and inflammation.
- Calendula has a regenerating effect that helps heal wounds and other damage to the skin.
- The plant stimulates the production of collagen, thereby increasing the skin tone of the face, rejuvenating it and eliminating the early signs of aging.
- Included in the composition of substances possess antioxidant properties, neutralizing the negative effects of free radicals, as well as stopping the processes of oxidation and aging of tissues.
- Calendula perfectly cleanses the skin and pores, removes excess sebum and eliminates shine.
- It is worth noting the whitening effect, due to which the means based on the plant lighten the freckles and pigmentation spots, smooth the tone of the face and make it fresh, natural and healthy.
Consider the most useful masks from calendula:
- This mask will moisturize lifeless and dry skin. A tablespoon of calendula petals must be filled with three tablespoons freshly boiled water. Allow the mixture to stand under the lid, cool slightly and, without straining, mix with five tablespoons of fatty sour cream or thick cream, and also two tablespoons of milled oatmeal (you can replace them with oatmeal). Spread this gruel evenly over your face, keep it for an hour, then wash up.
- The next remedy will get rid of acne. First, make a decoction of calendula, pour three tablespoons with half a cup of boiling water and sweat the mixture on the fire for fifteen minutes. In a warm liquid enter two or three tablespoons of cosmetic blue clay, stir it to achieve uniformity.The finished mass is applied to the face for forty to sixty minutes and washed off.
- This mask is suitable for oily skin. Mix in equal proportions chopped dried calendula flowers with boiling water (approximately two large spoons will be needed). When this mixture is slightly infused and cooled, add rye flour to it to get a not very thick mush. The finished composition is applied to the surface of the face, aged an hour and a half and gently removed with water.
- For sensitive and inflammatory skin, you can use a calendula-based product and no less useful aloe. If you have fresh marigold flowers, grind them and pour about the same amount of aloe juice. This composition should be applied to the face and leave for an hour. After the specified time wash.
- Perfect nourishing face mask is obtained on the basis of calendula and honey. Make a strong decoction of calendula (three tablespoons per cup of liquid), holding it over a slow fire for thirty minutes. When it has cooled down a little, add a couple of tablespoons of natural honey and apply the mixture to your face for half an hour, rinse with warm water.
- If you want to even out the tone or get rid of age spots, then about 30 ml of calendula decoction made according to the recipe described in the previous paragraph, mix it with the same amount of olive oil and a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Treat the hyperpigmented areas with this mixture. After forty minutes you need to wash with warm water.
- Mix on the part of pre-chopped flowers of calendula, egg yolk and natural honey. This composition is evenly distributed over the entire face and left on it for an hour. This mask will provide nourishment to the skin and protect it from the negative effects of ultraviolet radiation.
Rules of application
How to make masks, described in their recipes. But there are several general rules that increase the effectiveness of funds and prevent unwanted reactions.
- First, to assess the risks of allergies, conduct a test, applying a small amount of money to a small area of skin. If her condition does not change, then the calendula can be fully used.
- Secondly, it is worth remembering that you should not expect an instant effect, although positive results will still be noticeable almost immediately.But in order to solve a problem that is relevant for you, you should do masks regularly, and it is better to complete a course consisting of 10-15 procedures. The average interval should be two to three days.
- Thirdly, use only high-quality raw materials. Dried petals can be purchased at the pharmacy. And if you decide to collect flowers yourself, then do it in your garden or in a place that is remote from roads and plants.
On the basis of calendula, you can prepare a lot of useful masks that will help to improve the condition of the skin and solve all actual problems, such as acne or acne, oily shine, age spots and many others.