"Candide B" (cream): instructions for use, abstract, analogues
Cream "Candide B" - is a drug with antifungal and anti-inflammatory effects for local external use.
Release form, composition and packaging
Thick, dense cream of white color, homogeneous consistency without extraneous inclusions.
1 g of the drug contains:
- Beclomethasone (in the form of dipropionate) 250 μg;
- Clotrimazole 10 mg.
As a binder auxiliary components used:
- White petrolatum;
- Propylene glycol;
- Benzyl alcohol;
- Methyl parahydroxybenzoate;
- Sodium dihydrophosphate;
- Propyl parahydroxybenzoate;
- Anhydrous sodium phosphate;
- Paraffin liquid;
- Purified water.
The drug is available in aluminum tubes in a package of 15 g. Packed in a cardboard factory box, which reflects the name of the drug and the manufacturer.
Combined preparation for external use. Clotrimazole, which is part of the Candide B cream, is an imidazole derivative. It is able to interrupt the synthesis of ergosterol, which is part of the cell membrane of fungi, which causes a change in its properties and leads to cell lysis. The second main component of the cream - Beclomethasone is a glucocorticoid. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, anti-tumor and antipruritic action. Relieves swelling, redness and discomfort in the area of the fungal infection.
The drug is active against dermatophytes (Trichophyton, Epidermophyton, Microsporum), yeast and yeast-like fungi (Candida, Torulopsis, Rhodoturola), mold fungi, as well as Malassezia furfur, Aspergillus; kills some strains of gram-positive bacteria (Streptococcus spp., Staphylococcus spp., Corynebacterium minutissimum), gram-negative bacteria (Bacteroides spp., Gardnerella vaginalis) and Trichomonas vaginalis.
Data on the pharmacokinetics of the drug are not available.
Indications for use
- Skin mycoses (including those complicated by acute eczematous symptoms):
- Ringworm of various parts of the body;
- Epidermofitiya feet;
- Dermatosis with the addition of a secondary infection.
- Skin diseases caused by established pathogens (with regards to tuberculosis, chicken pox, herpes simplex, measles, syphilis);
- Skin reactions after vaccine administration;
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug (primary and secondary).
Dosage and administration
Before applying the cream must be cleaned, washed and thoroughly dried the affected skin. "Candide B" is applied directly to infected skin and gently rubbed.
It must be borne in mind that the skin of the skin may prevent the drug from penetrating into the tissue of high quality, from which the therapeutic effect of the cream will be less pronounced. Apply the cream "Candide B" should be 2-3 times a day.
The course of treatment is chosen individually and depends on the disease. If the drug has to be applied for a long time, then after a month of use it is recommended to take breaks in one day between applications. In order to avoid re-manifestation of diseases of a chronic course, it is necessary to continue the use of the Candide B cream for several days after the elimination of all symptoms.
Local reactions are possible: reddening of the skin, burning sensation and tingling at the application site (if these symptoms manifest, the drug should be canceled and see a doctor to prescribe symptomatic treatment and change the tactics of treatment of fungal diseases)
In addition, cases of allergic reactions to the main or auxiliary components of the Candide B cream have been reported.
Acute overdose with external use of the cream is unlikely and its cases have not been reported.
Interaction with other drugs
The instructions are not described.
When treating fungal infections of the feet, before applying the Candide B cream, wash the treated area thoroughly with soap. Particular attention should be paid to the place between the toes.
The drug is intended for use only in dermatological practice and exclusively for external use.
Prolonged use of the drug can lead to suppression of adrenal function, therefore, if possible, it should be avoided. This is especially true for the treatment of fungal diseases in children.
It is forbidden to apply the cream on damaged mucous membranes, eyes and eyelids. In case of accidental contact with eyes, immediately rinse them with water and, if necessary, contact a specialist.
The use of the Candide B cream as part of the complex treatment of candidiasis of the anogenite area allows improving the patient's condition and quality of life as soon as possible.
It should be noted that with the external use of glucocorticoids on large areas of the skin or occlusive dressings, their systemic absorption is possible. Therefore, treatment with such drugs is required under the supervision of a physician. This is especially true if the patient has chronic diseases. Before prescribing the Candide B cream, it is necessary to carefully study the history and prescribe the necessary tests. This will allow time to notice changes in the patient's body and to avoid the negative impact of hormonal components of the drug on hormone-synthesizing organs.
When using the cream for occlusive dressings may develop rash, folliculitis, pyoderma.
If within one month after the start of treatment, the drug did not have the necessary therapeutic effect, it is necessary to stop using the Candide B cream and undergo additional examinations to accurately identify the causative agent of the disease.
Pregnancy and lactation
It is not scientifically proven whether the cream can penetrate into breast milk and enter the body of a child, therefore, during lactation, the use of the “Candide B” preparation is permissible only for serious indications.It is strictly forbidden to apply the drug to the skin of the breast immediately before the feeding process. The safety of the Candide B cream during pregnancy is not confirmed. Therefore, you should avoid using the drug in large quantities or for a long time in this period.
Pharmacy sales terms
The drug is available on prescription.
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug should be stored in a dry, dark place at temperatures below 25 ° C. Shelf life - 3 years.
Analogues of the drug "Candide B"
Analogues of this drug on the pharmaceutical market is represented quite a few. Replace the cream "Candide B" can such drugs as:
- "Clotrimazole" and others.
1) "Mikosist" is available in the form of capsules and solution for infusion. The drug is used to suppress fungal complications in u, caused by low immunity in people with HIV infection and after bone marrow transplantation. In addition, "Mikosist" is used for the treatment of candidiasis, mycoses, depriving, cryptococcal meningitis and other diseases. The drug is fairly safe, but allowed for use only by doctor's prescription.
2) "Mycoflucan" is available in the form of tablets and solutions for injection. It is indicated for the treatment of candidiasis in men and women. Contraindicated in case of individual intolerance of the main and auxiliary active substances.
3) Clotrimazole is available in the form of an ointment, cream, solution, vaginal tablets. Refers to broad-spectrum media. The method of application depends on the form of the drug used. As contraindications, the instructions indicate hypersensitivity to the main active ingredient and l trimester of pregnancy.
It should be remembered that the fungus is an unaesthetic problem that can bring great discomfort to the life of a person and others.
All antifungal drugs are absolutely not combined with alcoholic beverages. At the time of treatment with such drugs it is necessary to completely eliminate the use of alcohol in any quantities.