As a citizen of Ukraine to obtain Russian citizenship?
After the collapse of the USSR, many people were faced with the choice of the state whose citizens they want to be. But not many were able to leave their homes to move to the state that they like. Thus, many residents of the Soviet Union became citizens of Ukraine, Russia, Moldova, Kyrgyzstan, simply because they remained to live on the territory of the new state.
Today, many Ukrainians are thinking about how to get a citizen of Ukraine citizenship of Russia and move to the territory of the Russian Federation for permanent residence. There are several ways:
- getting in general order;
- receiving in a simplified manner.
General procedure for obtaining citizenship
In order for a citizen of Ukraine to receive Russian citizenship, it is necessary to go through the following stages:
- Obtaining a residence permit. Without this document, your application for citizenship will not be considered.
- Also, a citizen of Ukraine must live on the territory of the Russian Federation for at least five years. It should be noted that this period can be reduced for outstanding achievements in any field of science.
- A citizen must apply to the Embassy of Ukraine with a statement of renunciation of Ukrainian citizenship.
- During the entire time, you must comply with the laws of the Russian Federation and not violate them (for violations you may be deported from the country, and you will lose the opportunity to obtain Russian citizenship).
- It is obligatory to pass the exam on proficiency in Russian.
- A citizen must have a permanent official income.
There are several circumstances in connection with which a citizen of Ukraine can obtain Russian citizenship in a simplified manner:
- marriage with a citizen of Russia. If a citizen of Ukraine marries a citizen of Russia, he is entitled to apply for citizenship. But marriage must live for at least 3 years;
- parents. If the parents or at least one of them is a citizen of the Russian Federation, then a citizen of Ukraine can obtain citizenship in a short time;
- University graduates. If you studied in one of the universities of the Russian Federation and finished it after the first of July 2002, you can apply for citizenship;
- disabled persons.A disabled person who is a citizen of Ukraine, and whose parents are citizens of Russia, can obtain citizenship under a simplified system and as soon as possible;
- citizenship for children. If your minor children are citizens of the Russian Federation, then an application for Russian citizenship can be considered in a shorter period;
- the refugees. People (citizens of Ukraine) who received refugee status or asked for political asylum in Russia, receive citizenship after the necessary documents are issued.
Citizenship of the Russian Federation for children
Children citizens of Ukraine can receive Russian citizenship in the following situations:
- parents are citizens of the Russian Federation. Even if one of the parents has citizenship, the child is entitled to receive Russian documents;
- if the child was born in the territory of the Russian Federation;
- if they cannot find the parents of a child who has appeared on the territory of Russia;
- if mom or dad are citizens of Russia (even if one of them is a foreigner) and the child was born in the territory of the Russian Federation.
As mentioned earlier, in order to obtain citizenship, it is necessary for a citizen of Ukraine to obtain a residence permit in Russia. This is a rather long process.For this you need:
- Get a temporary residence permit in Russia.
- Live on it for more than 1 year.
If a citizen has received a residence permit, then annually it is necessary to confirm his residence in the territory of the Russian Federation and provide information about being outside it. It is worth noting that a long absence can cancel a residence permit.